7th grade vs. 8th grade: The Final Rally

Spring Rally

+%E2%80%9CYeah%2C+yeah+cuz+I%E2%80%99m+bored%E2%80%9D%E2%80%8B+Mr.+Beaulieu+pointing+at+the+seventh+graders+who+earned+10+points+for+knowing+the+next+words+for+%E2%80%9CBreak+Up+With+Your+Girlfriend%2C+I%E2%80%99m+Bored%E2%80%9D+by+Ariana+Grande.
Back to Article
Back to Article

“Yeah, yeah cuz I’m bored”​ Mr. Beaulieu pointing at the seventh graders who earned 10 points for knowing the next words for “Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I’m Bored” by Ariana Grande.

Gabi Nguyen

Gabi Nguyen

Gabi Nguyen

Sofia Gomez, Author

Gabi Nguyen

Sing Alongs. Giant Tic Tac Toe. Teacher Dance Battles. The crowd going wild. One of the rare events that almost every Bernal student looks forward to: rally days. During rallies, many students dress up in their teams colors that are based on their advisory, which are either pink or green.

Typically, rallies are the two grade levels split up, meaning that 7th grade green goes against 7th grade pink, and the same with 8th grade. But, for the first time in Bernal history, the two grades went against each other and the colors combined. Although there wasn’t enough room in the bleachers for both grades, students didn’t seem to have a problem with sitting on the floor.

In addition to the new change of 7th vs 8th grade, another major change was the time frame. Usually, these fun events are 45 minutes, but this time, the rally was about over an hour. Activities included the memorable teacher dance battle, giant tic tac toe, a student dance battle, sing alongs, an obstacle course, and more.

A memorable moment that even made students emotional was when science teacher Ms. Sar made a return from maternity leave in the middle of the rally.

Being Mr.Beaulieu’s last Bernal Rally, Leadership made it extra special and decorated with streamers and balloons all around the big gym. Even more surprises were apparent.

In the last moments of the rally event, a California Distinguished award and poster was presented to Bernal for being a model school in the district. This award is given to less than 5% of schools in California, so it was a great honor that made students proud to be Broncos.

Overall, this rally will never be forgotten amongst Bernal students, Leadership, and especially Mr. Beaulieu.