Spring Break Q&A: Gisele Estrada on Her Spring Break Trip

Summer Bonkowski, Reporter

Spring break was just last week, and many students had plans for vacations, like Mexico, San Diego, and Disneyland or Disney World. One student, Gisele Estrada, went on a week-long trip to a different continent.

Q: Where did you go for spring break?

A: I went to Rinku Town in Japan.

Q: What was your favorite part about the trip?

A: My favorite part was probably going on the Ferris wheel at this red building, I don’t remember the name, but it was huge and we got to take photos.

Q: Were there any bad parts? If so, what were they?

A: The flight back was definitely the worst since it was really long and boring.

Q: Tell me about the trip. What did you do?

A: Overall, the trip was nice. On the first day, we walked around the town, Rinku Town. Then we just looked around. The hotel was pretty cool. On the second day, we went to a bunch of places, mostly because we went on the train, which was pretty cool. We went to the Pokemon Center, then the big red building with the Ferris wheel that I told you about, and we ate lots of ice cream. Then we had to go back, which was confusing. On the third day, we went on the train again, and then we just walked around the city that we were in. We had Taiyaki, which was a fish-shaped pancake which was nice and pretty good. On the fourth day, we went to an owl cafe. I got to hold an owl. After that, we walked around until we found a place to eat. We also went to the CupNoodles Museum.  On the fourth, fifth, and sixth days, we mostly just walked around different cities. We also went to a cat cafe. On the seventh day, we went around looking for souvenirs. We also went to the Kit-Kat store and got a bunch of Kit-Kats. On the eighth day, we had to go back, which wasn’t fun, because the plane ride was really long.

Q: Lastly, what was your favorite thing that you ate there?

A: My favorite thing to eat was the ice cream because it tasted really good.

Q: Would you recommend the trip to others?
A: It was really fun, so yes, but it depends on what their interests are sometimes. It’s just really beautiful there.

About the Writer